This is my version of chicken salad. It’s light and refreshing, perfect for spring and summer. My husband and I had this for lunch this week, I had mine on a bed of arugula and he made a sandwich out of his. Feel free to add or swap out ingredients (vegetables, nuts) as you like, this recipe is flexible. I know chicken salad recipes typically don’t have hard boiled eggs, but I think they work really well in this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (baked, cooled and cut into cubes)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 4 celery stalks, thinely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1.5 Tbsp. lemon juice (vinegar could also work)
- 1.5 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1.5 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Prep ingredients as described after each ingredient listed above.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over leafy greens for salad, put on sandwich bread or in a wrap.