These muffins are great for a quick breakfast, healthy snack, or component to lunch. I wanted use quinoa flakes that I had (and have never cooked with before) so I threw some convenient ingredients I had at home together and it turned out great the first time! They are savory, moist and satisfying. My 1 year old daughter, Kendall, loved them too!
2 egg whites
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup skim milk (could use alternative)
1 bag fresh baby spinach leaves
salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes to taste
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1. Sauté spinach in a skillet just until starting to wilt. Set aside.
2. Whisk all ingredients, except parmesan, together in a bowl.
3. Pour into muffin pan. Makes 10 muffins.
4. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 min.